[rules-users] Using groovy classes as Fact Classes in Guvnor

leesy84 lees.d.a at gmail.com
Wed May 13 04:09:03 EDT 2009

Hi

I am currently trying to implement Drools 5.0.CR1 with grails, I have
created a couple of domain classes which are simple Groovy classes with a
couple of fields. I want to load these classes as my model into Guvnor and
then create rules using those classes. I am having a few problems when
"Saving and Validating" my configuration. I have a war file that is
generated using maven and it has my classes files inside it in
/WEB-INF/classes/ . I load the war as my model and the classes are shown on
the packages main page but the following error is given when pressing "Save
and Validate configuration"

[ERR 102] Line 1:10 mismatched input '-'

I have also tried using groovyc to compile my class files then jar'ing them
up and loading that as the model but got another error:-

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: groovy.lang.GroovyObject

I was wondering if it is possible to use groovy compiled class files and if
it is then does anyone know what my issue might be or how it is meant to be
done correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help

Daniel Lees