[rules-users] How to import DRL into Business Rule Assets section?

Late Norther latenorther at gmail.com
Tue May 19 19:40:34 EDT 2009

2009/5/19 Michal Bali <michalbali at gmail.com>:
> Hi Jon,
>
> You could use webdav to connect to Guvnor -
> http://blog.athico.com/2008/05/accessing-guvnor-as-filesystem-webdav.html.
> You should then see how Guvnor stores the 'business rules', I think it is an
> XML file. Then instead of generating DRL file you could generate this XML.
> You can then upload these files via webdav into Guvnor.
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
> Michal

Michal,

I can't thank you enough.  This worked well.

For others, here is a review of what I did.

1. Created a 'dummy' rule using the guided editor in my target package.
2. Used the blog URL above to mount the package webdav share
3. Downloaded the 'dummy' rule from the webdav share to act as a template
4. Updated my Perl import/export script to create .brl files instead
of .drl files, using the template.
5. Copied the new .brl files created by my utility script to the webdav share.

The only snafu I found was that I am unable to populate a category as
part of the import, but I can have my analysts do that by hand if
needed.  That apparently is not stored in the .brl, but rather
somewhere else.   I did confirm that I can update the category in the
UI after the load.

Again,  Thank you.

Jon