[rules-users] Upgrade to Drools 5 - loss of performance

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu May 28 12:52:00 EDT 2009

   Scott,

   As others already mentioned, your e-mail does not help much. We need to
know what is "unacceptably slow". How much slower is that? 10%, 100%, 1000%?
Also, we need a description of your use case: what kind of rules do you use,
how many rules, how many facts, etc. Finally, we need a way to reproduce the
problem.

   So, if you can provide more info, we might be able to help.

    []s
    Edson

2009/5/28 Scott Reed <sreed at avacoda.com>

> I just upgraded our app from Drools 4 to 5 libraries. We just use the rules
> engine with DRL. The performance of the engine on our rulebase is
> unacceptably slow.  I assume there is something we need to do to our rules
> or the way we are configuring the engine to fix this. I don't see anything
> in the release notes about backwards compatibility issues. I would very much
> appreciate it if someone would direct me to any documentation that explains
> what needs to be done so our 4.0 rules perform at least as well as they did
> before the upgrade?
> Thanks,
>  Scott

 Edson Tirelli