[rules-users] Upgrade to Drools 5 - loss of performance

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu May 28 14:08:06 EDT 2009

     Indeed, at this point we are not aware of any performance problems. Of
course all the features we added may add a bit of overhead, but in our tests
that was completely offset by the improvements we made. The elimination of
shadow facts by itself is a huge boost for use cases with lots of facts or
facts with many fields. (just to mention one case)

     Keep us posted and if you submit more info, please include the actual
versions of the jars you are using of Drools and MVEL.

     Edson