[rules-users] Drools Flow, threads and persistence in a clustered environment

Knapp, Barry Barry.Knapp at railinc.com
Tue Oct 6 08:24:35 EDT 2009

Well if this is up for a "dig" type vote, I'd have to up-vote #2.

1) You've got these three nodes assumedly all running on the same hardware, might as well utilize it all.  If one node goes down it's not a major crisis or an experiment in "let's get the ksession running on the other node" to start processing again.
2) #2 also makes your application deployment and rule deployment strategy simpler since you will not need to worry about different apps in the cluster having different configurations.

Barry