[rules-users] Usage of working memory for sharing data between action and subsequent conditions

Sameer Pokarna sameer at emsquare.net
Tue Oct 6 10:05:20 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am new to Drools and am facing an issue I do not is supported here.

I have particular record types that the rules process. As I process them, I
want to maintain a map (or persist) of IDs of all records processed. I
believe this can be done in actions.

In some conditions, I want to lookup values in this map/table/persistent
memory to see if this ID is present.

There are more such cases in my usage where I can make use of a shared
memory between rules.

Does Drools have any feature which can be used for this purpose? I looked at
the working memory, but that seems to be relevant for working data, rule
bases, etc. and not as a shared memory. Am I right in my understanding?

Thanks and regards,

Sameer