[rules-users] Drools flow web console (5.1.M1) deployment in JBoss

satjo jo_satish at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 20 13:47:13 EDT 2009

I have built the war files using the code from SVN and following is the stack
tarce.
I also see a warning in server logs that says 'WARN  [PluginMgr] Unable to
load plugin: 'org.jboss.bpm.console.server.plugin.ProcessEnginePlugin'.

Do I need to copy any jar file in JBoss's lib folder
(jboss-4.2.3.GA\server\default\lib)?

Again, here are steps I followed so far:

1.) Downloaded the Standalone Guvnor with JBoss AS.
2.) Copied gwt-console war files (gwt-console-server-drools-{version}.war
and gwt-console-drools-{version}.war) in the Standalone download
(jboss-4.2.3.GA\server\default\ldeploy)
3.) Uploaded a test rule flow in Guvnor's default package and rebuilt it.
4.) Created the data-source (that got deployed fine), did not anything for
history or reports configuration to start with.

JBoss started without any error. When I logged in, I get the following
error.

Action: 'org.jboss.bpm.console.client.task.LoadTasksAction'
Exception: 'class com.google.gwt.http.client.RequestException'
HTTP 500:
HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.jboss.resteasy.spi.UnhandledException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not connect task client

org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleApplicationException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:319)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:230)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleInvokerException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:206)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:360)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:173)

org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:93)

org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:68)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

org.jboss.bpm.console.server.util.GWTJsonFilter.doFilter(GWTJsonFilter.java:59)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

root cause

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not connect task client

org.drools.integration.console.DroolsFlowTaskManagement.connect(DroolsFlowTaskManagement.java:48)

org.drools.integration.console.DroolsFlowTaskManagement.getAssignedTasks(DroolsFlowTaskManagement.java:128)

org.jboss.bpm.console.server.TaskListFacade.getTasksForIdRef(TaskListFacade.java:99)
	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.MethodInjectorImpl.invoke(MethodInjectorImpl.java:117)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invokeOnTarget(ResourceMethod.java:260)
	org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invoke(ResourceMethod.java:232)
	org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invoke(ResourceMethod.java:166)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.DispatcherUtilities.getJaxrsResponse(DispatcherUtilities.java:142)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:356)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:173)

org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:93)

org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:68)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

org.jboss.bpm.console.server.util.GWTJsonFilter.doFilter(GWTJsonFilter.java:59)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

Following is the Server log
12:31:44,189 WARN  [PluginMgr] Unable to load plugin:
'org.jboss.bpm.console.ser
ver.plugin.ProcessEnginePlugin'
12:31:46,001 ERROR [[Resteasy]] Servlet.service() for servlet Resteasy threw
exc
eption
org.jboss.resteasy.spi.UnhandledException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: C
ould not connect task client
        at
[...]
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:290)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:206)
        at
org.jboss.bpm.console.server.util.GWTJsonFilter.doFilter(GWTJsonFilte
r.java:59)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:206)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFi
lter.java:96)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:206)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
alve.java:230)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
alve.java:175)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(Securit
yAssociationValve.java:182)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authentica
torBase.java:524)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValv
e.java:84)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.j
ava:127)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.j
ava:102)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedC
onnectionValve.java:157)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineVal
ve.java:109)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.jav
a:262)