[rules-users] Drools flow web console (5.1.M1) deployment in JBoss

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Mon Oct 19 20:58:08 EDT 2009

Damn, the DroolsFlowCommandDelegate seems to be swallowing the
exception, as the exception caught there is not added as the root of the
thrown exception (line 68).  There's no stack trace of a
NullPointerException in the log (right) before this error?

I also fixed this on trunk, so the caught NullPointerException is added
as the root cause now, so the stack trace should now contain the trace
of the NPE as well.  If there's no NPE in the log, could you update your
code from SVN, rebuild the wars, try again and send me the stack trace
again?

Kris

Quoting satjo <jo_satish at yahoo.com>:

> I have set the data source. Following is the stack trace.
>
> When I go to Settings->System->Overview, I see that
> org.jboss.bpm.console.server.plugin.ProcessEnginePlugin is not green.
>
> I must have missed something in the installation or copying a
> dependant jar
> file.

> Action:
> 'org.jboss.bpm.console.client.process.UpdateDefinitionsAction'
> Exception: 'class com.google.gwt.http.client.RequestException'
> HTTP 500:
> HTTP Status 500 -

> type Exception report
>
> message
>
> description The server encountered an internal error () that
> prevented it
> from fulfilling this request.
>
> exception
>
> org.jboss.resteasy.spi.UnhandledException:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Could
> not initialize stateful knowledge session: null

org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleApplicationException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:319)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:230)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleInvokerException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:206)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:360)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:173)

org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:93)

org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:68)
> 	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

org.jboss.bpm.console.server.util.GWTJsonFilter.doFilter(GWTJsonFilter.java:59)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

> root cause
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not initialize stateful knowledge
> session:
> null

org.drools.integration.console.DroolsFlowCommandDelegate.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(DroolsFlowCommandDelegate.java:69)

org.drools.integration.console.DroolsFlowCommandDelegate.getSession(DroolsFlowCommandDelegate.java:77)

org.drools.integration.console.DroolsFlowCommandDelegate.<init>(DroolsFlowCommandDelegate.java:35)

org.drools.integration.console.DroolsFlowProcessManagement.<init>(DroolsFlowProcessManagement.java:20)

org.drools.integration.console.DroolsFlowManagementFactory.createProcessManagement(DroolsFlowManagementFactory.java:11)

org.jboss.bpm.console.server.ProcessMgmtFacade.getProcessManagement(ProcessMgmtFacade.java:83)

org.jboss.bpm.console.server.ProcessMgmtFacade.getDefinitionsJSON(ProcessMgmtFacade.java:107)
> 	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

> 	java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.MethodInjectorImpl.invoke(MethodInjectorImpl.java:117)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invokeOnTarget(ResourceMethod.java:260)
> 	org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invoke(ResourceMethod.java:232)
> 	org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invoke(ResourceMethod.java:166)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.DispatcherUtilities.getJaxrsResponse(DispatcherUtilities.java:142)

org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:356)

https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/target/docs/drools-flow/html/ch14.html#d0e3553