[rules-users] Argument truncation in decision table

Robert Morse rmorse at mdesignz.com
Mon Sep 21 09:44:02 EDT 2009

Hello,
I have a Seam (2.2.0.GA) application running under JBoss 5.1.0.GA.
This release of Seam uses the Drools 5.0.1.GA build.  I'm implementing
a Decision Table for the first time and importing it into Guvnor (also
from the same distribution).    One of the consequences of several
rules is to call a method that had eight arguments:   (String, String,
Boolean, Boolean, Integer, String, String, String).   When I attempted
to compile the rule set, the method was truncated after the fifth
(Integer) argument which obviously caused some compile issues.  My
work around was to break this single method in to two methods, and it
works just fine.

The original method worked just fine when used in a DRL.   Don't know
if there's a limit to function arguments within Decision Tables or if
this might be a bug.

-robert.

The human mind is an iterative processor, it never does anything right
the first time.  What it does well is to make improvements on every
iteration (deMarco)