[rules-users] Drools Flow: Getting to the right Process from the re-loaded Session

tolitius webakaunt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 11:01:14 EDT 2010

How do other people solve this?

The business entity should have NO knowledge about workflow (SESSION_ID,
PROCESS_ID, WORK_ITEM_ID, etc..).

Knowing that the framework does not help me to get the _current_ process
instance from the session object, I am thinking on either to

use Variable Persistence to save Business_ID and Process_Instance_ID as two
variables, and handcraft the query to find the latest Process_Instance_ID
from the VariableInstanceInfo by the Business_ID provided

OR

Create "Business_ID | Process_Instance_ID" reference table, and here I will
have to pass a "BusinessProcess" entity to every flow. Still needs a
separate DB call

OR

[fill in your approach, let's have a discussion]

Thank you,
/Anatoly