[rules-users] Drools Flow: Find a Session ID to reload the JPA Stateful session

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 11:38:16 EDT 2010

Exaclty.. Unit of work can be anything that you want. And that kind of
things are outside of the scope of the framework.
You can implement it in the way that you want. Looks like you already
resolve the problem. Create a table containing all that information and then
query it in the way that you like it. We do it in that way, but it always
depend of the applications that you are trying to develop. For example how
you decide if the Unit Of Work ID is a Long, String, an Embedded object, a
JCR NODE ID, etc. That's why it's out side the scope of drools flow.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 11:28 AM, tolitius <webakaunt at gmail.com> wrote:

> not sure why it is a generic way to present a problem.
>
> I am just looking for an approach to find a "Session_ID" of the session
> that
> was suspended. Best approaches, approaches that other people use, suggested
> approach, etc..
>
> For example why would not the framework (Drools Flow) have something like:
>
>         UNIT_OF_WORK_ID | SESSION_ID | PROCESS_INSTANCE_ID
>
> that can be used to know exactly what the SESSION_ID ( ..
> PROCESS_INSTANCE_ID, etc ) by the business key.
>
> So I would be interested in hearing any approaches that are used out there
> in the real world.
>
> Thank you,
> /Anatoly

- http://salaboy.wordpress.com