[rules-users] Drools & objects' methods

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 14:00:46 EDT 2010

Use an eval() statement.

--- On Fri, 4/2/10, Bertrand Grottier <b_grottier at hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Bertrand Grottier <b_grottier at hotmail.com>
Subject: [rules-users] Drools & objects' methods
To: rules-users at lists.jboss.org
Date: Friday, April 2, 2010, 10:34 AM

Hello,

In the documentation, it is written (4.8.2.1.1):
"A Field constraint specifies a restriction to be used on
        named field"

A bit further:
"A field is derived from an accessible method of the
object.
          If your model
          objects follow the Java Bean pattern, then fields are exposed
using
          "getXXX" or "isXXX" methods, where these methods take no
          arguments, and return something. Within patterns, fields can
be
          accessed using the bean naming convention..."

Is this mean that we have no access to our Objects' method ? (excepting getXXXX or isXXXX)
Is there a way to get around this ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Benoît

Hotmail débarque sur votre téléphone !  Paramétrez Hotmail sur votre téléphone! Gratuit !

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----