[rules-users] Permission Error on drools.packagebuilder.conf

Gaurav gaurav.goyal123 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 00:45:19 EDT 2010

Hi All,

This is the first time we are merging drools into our application and
getting following error on deploying code to WAS environment.

Permission:

      /opt/gen/xxdms/drools.packagebuilder.conf : Access denied
(java.io.FilePermission /opt/gen/xxdms/drools.packagebuilder.conf read)

Code:

     org.drools.util.ChainedProperties  in
{file:/opt/httpd/root/apps/dms/ibm/ccix-dev-ear/dms.war/WEB-INF/lib/drools-core.jar}

We are not using drools.packagebuilder.conf file directly but it is getting
called internally from drools-core.jar.

I have created an empty drools.packagebuilder.conf file and kept it in
META-INF folder but still getting the same error.

I have already tried putting this entry in was.policy file with read
permission but no luck.

user.home might be coming as /opt/gen/xxdms so I tried changing it to my
local directory on Linux and given read permission for that folder in
was.policy but still no luck.

I have tried all the possible combinations and wasted 5-6 hours.

Could some one please help me resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Gaurav