[rules-users] BuildError: Unable to resolve ObjectType

BS bernd.schwegmann at viadee.de
Wed Apr 7 06:21:39 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm quite new to Drools and have a problem with the guided editor of the
Eclipse plugin. I'm using Drools 5.0.1.

These are the two BuildErrors for "TestGuided.brl" in Eclipse:

1) BuildError: Unable to build expression for 'consequence': Failed to
compile: 1 compilation error(s): - (1,1) unqualified type in strict mode
for: p ' update( p );
2) BuildError: Unable to resolve ObjectType 'Produkt'

In "drools.package" I have all necessary imports and also the package
statement. This is the BRL source of "TestGuided.brl":

<rule>
  <name>TestGuided</name>
  <modelVersion>1.0</modelVersion>
  <attributes/>
  <metadataList/>
  <lhs>
    <fact>
      <factType>Produkt</factType>
      <boundName>p</boundName>
    </fact>
  </lhs>
  <rhs>
    <modify>
      <fieldValues/>
      <variable>p</variable>
    </modify>
  </rhs>
</rule>

When I use the generated DRL output of the guided editor in a DRL file, I do
not get any error message. The DRL file looks like this and compiles
perfectly in Eclipse:

package com.test

rule "TestGuided"
	dialect "mvel"
	when
		p : Produkt( )
	then
		update( p );
end

Adding the BRL from above to Guvnor does not throw any error. The BRL
validates and compiles perfectly in Guvnor.

So, why is it only in the guided editor of Eclipse not working but in the
guided editor of Guvnor as well as DRL file? Maybe something in my
configuration is errorneous?

Any help is appreciated, many thanks

Bernd