[rules-users] How to do Exception Handling???

tolitius webakaunt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 01:26:59 EDT 2010

@Kris,

    If every workitem needs to have a "try / catch" block, just to make sure
that all possible exceptions are handled gracefully, would not that be a
framework concern to have a mechanism that _converts_ these exceptions to
some return "error" parameters (just contemplating here) OR to allow a
workitem node to take an ExceptionHandler that would signal an event or
convert it to the result parameter, etc..?

    I understand that you are coming from the fact that Java Exceptions are
too low level, and are not Process Exceptions, but they really are :)
[something went "kaboom" within the _Process_] just need to be converted to
ones, and it would be a natural concern for a "Java" framework.

    One custom approach that I am thinking about so far is to wrap all
workitems with "AfterThrowing" advice to do just that, but again this rather
feels like a "work around".

Thank you,
/Anatoly

P.S. By the way, would be cool to address real "Java" Exceptions (no matter
what the approach is) in Exception Handling section of the documentation :)