[rules-users] How to do Exception Handling???

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 07:15:50 EDT 2010

@Anatoly,
I think that JVM crash, Hard Drive crash, or Network failure are not
responsibility of the framework.
In this kind of situations you must create the mechanisms to handle each
situation. The only framework concern is that the information persisted is
always coherent.

@Kris
The 3.8 Exceptions in the docs is well focused in the high level process
faults.

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 1:26 AM, tolitius <webakaunt at gmail.com> wrote:

> @Kris,
>
>    If every workitem needs to have a "try / catch" block, just to make sure
> that all possible exceptions are handled gracefully, would not that be a
> framework concern to have a mechanism that _converts_ these exceptions to
> some return "error" parameters (just contemplating here) OR to allow a
> workitem node to take an ExceptionHandler that would signal an event or
> convert it to the result parameter, etc..?
>
>    I understand that you are coming from the fact that Java Exceptions are
> too low level, and are not Process Exceptions, but they really are :)
> [something went "kaboom" within the _Process_] just need to be converted to
> ones, and it would be a natural concern for a "Java" framework.
>
>    One custom approach that I am thinking about so far is to wrap all
> workitems with "AfterThrowing" advice to do just that, but again this
> rather
> feels like a "work around".
>
> Thank you,
> /Anatoly
>
> P.S. By the way, would be cool to address real "Java" Exceptions (no matter
> what the approach is) in Exception Handling section of the documentation :)

- http://salaboy.wordpress.com
- http://www.jbug.com.ar
- Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -