[rules-users] Flow, Human Task, Group Assignment

Tue Apr 13 07:58:40 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've got a question concerning drools flow, human tasks and group
assignments.

I assigned a human task to a group (via the groupId parameter) and can
successfully retrieve it using the TaskServiceSession function:

getTasksAssignedAsPotentialOwner(userId, groupIds, language)

This function implies in my understanding that the knowledge about group
membership is not (yet?) managed within the human task management
component, otherwise there would be no need to pass the groupIds to it.

If a user tries to claim the task now, a PermissionDeniedException is
thown because drools currently has no information about his group
membership.

see TaskServiceSession, line 602:
isAllowed(final User user, final List<OrganizationalEntity> entities)

There is even a comment in there...
"for now just do a contains, I'll figure out group membership later."

Is there a way to work around this issue? I'd like to avoid implementing
my own TaskServiceSession because of the lack of an interface and a
dependency to SubTasksStrategies.

Thanks in advance,
Chris