[rules-users] Drools Planner - Constraint Occurrences in working memory

awuttke andreas.wuttke at hp.com
Tue Apr 20 05:59:56 EDT 2010

Hello,

let's assume I have a planning problem and the planner cannot find an
optimal solution. The best score was found some iterations back and the
planner stops due to it's configuration (e.g.
<maximumUnimprovedStepCount>50</maximumUnimprovedStepCount>).

When calling getBestScore() I get the best score of all iterations. But how
can I retrieve the corresponding constraint occurrences that explain how
this score was calculated?

When retrieving the ConstraintOccurrence from the working memory using
localSearchSolverScope.getWorkingMemory() I can only find
ConstraintOccurrence objects that probably match to the last iteration
executed but not the ConstraintOccuerence objects matching the best score.

Does the planner keep these best score ConstraintOccurrence objects in a
different place? If yes, how can they be retrieved?

Thank you,
Andreas