[rules-users] Using Drools for Batch Data Validation

Richard, Rene Rene.Richard at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Apr 21 15:10:52 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am new to Drools (1 day of reading and watching video podcasts etc...). We have a requirement for our project where we'll have an input table HSQLDB table and some validation rules we need to apply on the data in the table. Some tables will have > 45 000 records or more. Would this kind of Batch validation be something Drools is good at? Rules can change over time and the table definition can also.

It seems like Drools would be a good tool for doing the validation. I'm imagining an input table and an output table. The input table is the table we want to run validation for. The output table is a table that has had validation run against it an an extra column with a validation pass/fail status for reporting purposes...

Thanks in advance

Rene