[rules-users] Using Drools for Batch Data Validation

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 01:54:34 EDT 2010

I have just completed an intra-company report, part of which researches the
usability of rule based systems for data validation, and the bottom line is:
yes.

There are some variations in rule authoring that might be useful or not,
such as using a domain specific language, or rule templates.

The transition from table objects to WMEs might deserve some consideration,
especially when there are OTHER columns.

Another issue might be whether the validation of one  row is independent
from other rows of the same or another table.

-W