[rules-users] Drools Flow: weird behaviour

HMandic trbuhom at net.hr
Mon Apr 26 05:34:22 EDT 2010

My understanding of Drools Flow was that when you start a process it gets up
to its first Human task and stops there until you complete it and then the
process continues. Apparently I've got it wrong...

So I have this workflow (process - let's call it MainFlow) that consists of
a Human task and a "for each" element with one SubFlow (let's call this one
SubFlow_1) inside. SubFlow_1 also has a Human task and another SubFlow
(SubFlow_2) inside its "for each" element. SubFlow_2 has a single Human task
that has System.out.print("I'm here...") as its OnEntryAction. All of those
Human tasks have similar OnEntryAction so I know when I'm inside of them.

When I start the MainFlow 'ksession.startProcess("MainFlow");' the process
does NOT stop at first Human task (I know that because it doesn't print out
what it should) and it prints out "I'm here...", how does that happen?

It should have gone through many Work items before it even reached that
Human task.

There are no errors or exceptions in the log, ruleflow files are validated
in eclipse, both subflows' "Independent" properties are set to "false" etc.

Does anyone know a solution?