[rules-users] Strange ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException with decision tables

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 05:40:10 EDT 2010

I don't know whether this applies here, but I quote a comment from
Michael Kay (posted today on another list):
"... the other problem is that in the XML output from Excel, empty
cells are often omitted, their presence signalled only by the
existence of an attribute on the next Cell element that indicates what
column number it is in. This makes processing the XML quite
challenging."

If the XMLs from Excel and OpenOffice differ in that respect, then
this could be a pointer for fixing the problem in Drools.

Michael Kay also mentions the possibility of unifying the Cell
elements so all have the column attribute using a simple XSLT
transformation. (I guess I could provide that, if necessary.)

-W