[rules-users] Good To Have: TaskClient Interface

tolitius webakaunt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 16:40:54 EDT 2010

There is MinaTaskClient and BaseTaskClient, but no TaskClient interface.

That is why:

        public void start( long taskId, String userId,
TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )
        public void stop( long taskId, String userId,
TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )
        public void release( long taskId, String userId,
TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )
        public void suspend( long taskId, String userId,
TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )
        public void resume( long taskId, String userId,
TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )
        public void skip( long taskId, String userId,
TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )
        public void delegate( long taskId, String userId, String
targetUserId,
                              TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )
        public void complete( long taskId, String userId, ContentData
outputData,
                              TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )

is not a reusable approach (to get rid of Mina, and use something else [
JMS, DB, etc.. ] ). I think it would make sense to create an interface
defining the contract, and program to that interface.

Am I missing something?

Thank you,
/Anatoly

P.S. I know the whole approach is going to change to be pluggable in the
near future, but I find it strange there is no contract/interface that
defines a task lifecycle.