[rules-users] Good To Have: TaskClient Interface

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 17:47:32 EDT 2010

wait for two weeks and you will see it there in the trunk! at that point
feedback will be appreciated!
Probably the task client interface should provide less methods, some basic
ones and then we can have a WSHTClient Interface to support all the methods
from the spec.

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 4:40 PM, tolitius <webakaunt at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is MinaTaskClient and BaseTaskClient, but no TaskClient interface.
>
> That is why:
>
>        public void start( long taskId, String userId,
> TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )
>        public void stop( long taskId, String userId,
> TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )
>        public void release( long taskId, String userId,
> TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )
>        public void suspend( long taskId, String userId,
> TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )
>        public void resume( long taskId, String userId,
> TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )
>        public void skip( long taskId, String userId,
> TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )
>        public void delegate( long taskId, String userId, String
> targetUserId,
>                              TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )
>        public void complete( long taskId, String userId, ContentData
> outputData,
>                              TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler )
>
> is not a reusable approach (to get rid of Mina, and use something else [
> JMS, DB, etc.. ] ). I think it would make sense to create an interface
> defining the contract, and program to that interface.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Thank you,
> /Anatoly
>
> P.S. I know the whole approach is going to change to be pluggable in the
> near future, but I find it strange there is no contract/interface that
> defines a task lifecycle.

- http://salaboy.wordpress.com
- http://www.jbug.com.ar
- Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -