[rules-users] Invocation Patterns

Kenneth May klcmay at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 11:29:02 EDT 2010

You are correct, Drools Flow may not be the best choice of technology.
 I could certainly write what is required in core Java very easily!

However, there are a few reasons why this was my intended approach:
 1) A large degree of flexibility may be required in the future.  I
like the concept of being able to change or apply new logic fairly
easily.
 2) Out of the box business activity monitorring is appealing
 3) I'm keen to explore BPM and rules technology in more depth
 4) The discussion in this (admittedly old) article suggested jBPM may
be a good fit: http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossRulesjBPMSQLorJava.
 My understanding is that Drools Flow is an alternative to jBPM and
from what I can tell has a far better integration with rules.

That said: I'm not adverse to alternative approaches if what I'm
planning doesn't sound like a good fit.  What I need to do is
essentially pretty simple: take a file and process it through several
steps (with some logic deciding which steps are relevant).

Thanks for your help!

Ken