[rules-users] Drools BPMN 2.0 service task error for process edited using Oryx

Patricia Bogoevici patriciabogoevici at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 15:47:40 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am using Drools 5.1 release, and I am testing the BPMN process definition created with Oryx designer. The main problem I ran into is the serviceTask element. I cannot open the  process file created with Oryx designer, in Eclipse, as it complains about this error:

"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No interfaces found at org.drools.bpmn2.legacy.beta1.ServiceTaskHandler.handleNode(ServiceTaskHandler.java:35)"

Below is a snippet from the BPMN 2.0 xml file got using Oryx for serviceTask. I also attached the whole xml file, in case that help.

I appreciate a lot if someone can help me with this issue, as I am practically stuck at this point.

On the other hand, I noticed that Drools Eclipse workflow editor allows only for 2 types of service tasks: Email and Log. Is that a limitation of the Eclipse workflow editor, or the serviceTask is not implemented in Drools BPMN 2.0?
Can I use serviceTask BPMN 2.0 element in Drools workflow?

****** serviceTask from Oryx process ******
<serviceTask implementation="webService" completionQuantity="1" startQuantity="1" isForCompensation="false" name="AH Web Service" id="oryx_B84C15D7-ADA6-4956-8C43-3DFD02967BE1"/>

Thanks in advance,
Patricia