[rules-users] creating .pkg from .drl

jrob josh.roberts at cerner.com
Wed Aug 4 12:07:19 EDT 2010

Did you actually get this to work? I have tried both ways to create a .PKG
mentioned here and still haven't got it to work.

FILE CREATION CODE (Commented out portions are for direct serialization):
	public static void createPKG(Collection<KnowledgePackage> kpkgs, File file)
throws IOException, FileNotFoundException
	{
		FileOutputStream fos = null;
		ObjectOutputStream out = null;

		fos = new FileOutputStream(file);
		out = new ObjectOutputStream(fos);

		try
		{
			//out.writeObject(kpkgs);
			DroolsStreamUtils.streamOut(fos, kpkgs);
		}
		catch (IOException e)
		{
			String error ="Could not serialize object!";
			logger.error(error);
			throw new DroolsPKGCreatorException(error,e);
		}
		finally
		{
			try
			{
				//out.close();
				fos.close();
			}
			catch (IOException e)
			{
				logger.error("Could not close stream during serialization!",e);
			}
		}

	}

KBASE CREATION FROM PKG

		KnowledgeAgent kagent = KnowledgeAgentFactory.newKnowledgeAgent(
"MyKnowledgeAgent" );
		kagent.applyChangeSet(ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource(/* file created
from above method */));

		KnowledgeBase kbase = kagent.getKnowledgeBase();

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help!