[rules-users] Incorrect allowable comparison when using Guvnor GUI Rules - known bug?

Stephen Mcgruer s0840449 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Aug 4 11:22:13 EDT 2010

Hi there. I was just wondering if the following was a known bug or not
(and if it was
fixed in Guvnor 5.1 - I am using 5.0):

I have two classes, Foo.java and Bar.java. Bar has a property in it,
an integer (also
tried doubles, not tried anything else) called barInt. Foo also has a
property, an
instance of Bar called fooBar.

Creating a GUI rule in Guvnor, I begin with the 'when' block. I add a
check for a Foo. In
this Foo, I add a check upon its fooBar parameter. Now, I want to
match on the fooBar's
barInt property being less than a hundred. So, I click on fooBar, and
choose the 'barInt'
subfield. It appears, *BUT* there is no option for "is greater than"
or "is less than",
only "is equals to" and "is not equals to"! I have tried manually
creating such a rule,
and using "<" or ">" is allowed there, so it is a bug - or at least a
missing feature
with the GUI.

I have an entire report written up, with attatched files and
screenshots and everything,
but I just wanted to check:

A. If this is a known bug.
B. If it is fixed in Guvnor 5.1.
C. Where to submit bug reports for Guvnor.

Cheers,
Stephen

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.