[rules-users] Can't see process in gwt-console after changingguvnor to authenticator

Han Ming Low hanming73 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 06:28:26 EDT 2010

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for any confusion.
I found that I'm wrong to say that the process is not showing is due to
enabling the role base authorization.

I realize that, maybe I'm in a private network, when I first try to access
the "Process" view in Drools Flow console which will in turn try to query
http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/definitions, it will
take a long time for the server to return the definition, might be because
of the xsd at
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossrules/trunk/drools*
-api/src/main/resources/change-set-1.0.0.xsd<http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossrules/trunk/drools-api/src/main/resources/change-set-1.0.0.xsd>
*
After a long wait, when the server return the result for definitions after
the first time, I will be able to see the Process.

Now, when I try to login to the Drools Flow console by loggin in as "john"
which I do not defined any User Permission at Guvnor, I'm still able to see
the "Evaluation" process.

Is it possible to restrict user "john" not to see the process that he is not
"defined" to see.

Regarding your suggestion on using changeset.xml, I'm sorry I'm not sure
what is required to be done.
I would thought that Drools Flow console is using the guvnor's authenticator
because after I change the guvnor-users.properties, say the password for
user "admin" is changed to "admin1", I managed to login to Drools Flow
console using the new password "admin1".
To me, it means that Drools Flow is actually now using
guvnor-users.properties for authentication.
(if I use the old password "admin" will encounter a "Authentication Failed"
error)
Just that now my problem is directly opposite to what I thought the problem
was first to be.
i.e.
I want the Process not to show when login using "john" but it is showing
instead.

Sorry for the confusion.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.