[rules-users] Drools Rule language resources Reg;

Murali Venugopal murali.venugopal at sifycorp.com
Tue Aug 10 07:07:03 EDT 2010

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Actually, I'm not into middle of writing
some rules. I'm working to implement Drools in a NMS product. Where
Root-Cause Analysis is done to identify the exact problem in a network.

I'm initially working on a POC trying to identify pros and cons.
The approximate scenarios include

    * timing window
    * generating new co-related events
    * escalation, and so on....

I'm not looking for a solution here. At least, I've not grown to that
extent in Drools. I'm expecting someone to guide me. Is the resources I
have is sufficient or is there some other resources available elsewhere?

To be more precise, I want to the following

    * possible keywords in a .drl file
    * sematics
    * syntax, and
    * usage

Regards,
Murali Venugopal

On 08/10/2010 03:04 PM, Dieter D'haeyere wrote:
> Maybe you could post an example of a rule you would like to define ...
> In that way, we can spot your exact problem better (and maybe see what
> kind of documentation is still lacking)
> Regards,
> Dieter D'haeyere.
>

> 2010/8/10 Murali Venugopal <murali.venugopal at sifycorp.com
> <mailto:murali.venugopal at sifycorp.com>>
>

>     Hi,
>
>     I'm a newbie to Drools and Rules. I see this Mailing list provides
>     lot of valuable information regarding Drools.
>     Actually I'm looking for some good resources which helps in
>     writing Rules. I.e Rule Syntax and Semantics. It's since 3 months
>     I have started showing interest in Drools. But still I can't
>     proceed more than the examples given in the books, which is not
>     sufficient to work on real time projects.
>
>     I'm referring books like
>     1. Drools JBoss Rules 5.0
>     2. JBoss Drools Business Rules
>     also,
>     1. Drools documentation and Manuals.
>
>     But still there's no definitive guides for writing rules. The
>     Drools Documentation has listed all the possible keywords. But,
>     their Syntax and Semantics are missing.
>     I went through this entire Mailing List hoping someone would have
>     asked this question before me. But in vain.
>
>     So, please refer/point me some good resources for Rules. Because
>     in Drools, I believe, everything is possible only through Rules.
>
>     Thanks and Regards,

Get your world in your inbox!

Mail, widgets, documents, spreadsheets, organizer and much more with your Sifymail WIYI id!
Log on to http://www.sify.com

********** DISCLAIMER **********
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a
forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with
the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an
agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the
information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use,
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at admin at sifycorp.com