[rules-users] Drools BPMN 2.0 service task error for process editedusing Oryx

Patricia Bogoevici patriciabogoevici at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 18:19:34 EDT 2010

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I read more about the work item, and how to use that in Drools.

Coming back to my example, I added the operationRef to the service task, and I added the interface element to specify the operation. There was a minor error, as if I add the interface after the process element is defined, is still complaining with the same error I posted originally. But if I move the interface element before the process element is defined, is working fine. So, that fixed my initial problem with the service task.

But I ran into an issue regarding gateway direction. Drools does not implement the gateway direction mixed and I have one of that gateway in my test scenario. I tried to think of how to modify my process to not use mixed gateway direction, but it is not easy. I can add some extra steps but that does not make sense all the time, or to add extra converging gateways.
Is any workaround to this that you can recommend? Do you intend to implement mixed gateway direction in the next releases?

Also, I have another question regarding business task. In Drools, one can specify the ruleflow-group for a business rule task. I wonder why I cannot specify a rule name as well. I can see the benefits of using ruleflow-group, but I also see the benefits of being able to specify a rule name directly, i.e. call a decision table, it is easier to specify the decision table file name, than to add a ruleflow-group. It does not add a lot of benefit to the overall process, but it seems more easier.

Thanks again,
Patricia