[rules-users] Multiple StatefulKnowledgeSessions at a time?

skasab2s skasab2s at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Thu Aug 12 07:23:04 EDT 2010

Hello,

(I'm sorry if this question already has been asked.) My company uses Drools
for answering questions. For every asked question, a new
StateFulknowledgeSession is created and after the question has been answerd
by Drools, the StateFulknowledgeSession is being disposed.  Now we have the
situation that multiple questions can be asked at the same point of time.
That's why we have to decide if we should have only one
StatefulKnowledgeSession at a time (i.e execute the questions sequentially)
or allow parallelism (i.e. have many instances of StateFulknowledgeSession
at one time). Which from the both alternatives would you propose to use? On
what could depend our decision?

Many thanks and best regards,

Svetlomir Kasabov.