[rules-users] Multi-user architecture of Drools Web Service.

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 10:09:28 EDT 2010

It depends on how are you exposing web services or the component behind
those web services..
If you use a Stateful Session Bean, this component will do all the work for
you. But if your services are stateless by nature, you need to implement the
mechanism. You can implement this mechanism in two ways: In messages (adding
a session id that goes and come back with the response) or in server side
with a client id.

2010/8/20 tom ska <tiberium.linux at gmail.com>

> Thanks Esteban. I thought it could be a solution too, but I am not
> experienced (and my knowledge is not big either) in solving such a problems.
>
> If I would do, like You said - am I to write all communication between web
> service and client too? In web programming with browser, I have cookies. In
> them, I could keep some session ID. But using SOAP, I have to write this
> mechanisms alone, yes? Can AXIS do it for me? Or some other tool?
>
> regards,
> tom.
>

> 2010/8/20 Esteban Aliverti <esteban.aliverti at gmail.com>
>
> A basic solution could be to have each user identified with an unique id.
>> Then, in the server side you could have different ksessions (and not kbases)
>> for each user.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>
>> Esteban Aliverti
>> - Developer @ http://www.plugtree.com
>> - Blog @ http://ilesteban.wordpress.com
>>

>> 2010/8/20 tom ska <tiberium.linux at gmail.com>
>>
>>>  Hi,
>>> what I have is SOAP Web Service with two methods: fn_AddFacts, and
>>> fn_Conclude. I defined special XML implementation to send various fact's
>>> types via SOAP. Model is defined in DRL/Guvnor - and rules too.
>>>
>>> So now, I can add some facts (web service creates them using Drools
>>> "reflection" API) to knowledge base. And then use fn_Conclude method, to
>>> fire "fireAllRules" method and get response with results. But.....
>>>
>>> What if now I have 100 users, and I don't want their's facts to interfere
>>> each other? I want, to use Drools to conclude for different users. I want to
>>> use this same rules, but on different knowledge bases (each user has own
>>> knowledge base of his facts).
>>>
>>> Please help me, how to solve this problem... I am new in JAVA EE, and I
>>> don't understand some elementary issues well. (But I am trying to understand
>>> them :D )
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> tom.

 - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com