[rules-users] Checking in one rule the "result" of another rule

orchid maya.pollack at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 02:12:51 EST 2010

Wolfgang and Edson, thank you very much for the detailed replies. I
understand that logically my wish might be incorrect, but this is a
requirement we have. I will try to explain my situation in detailed:

1. The facts are of class Word. The rules check characteristics of words,
such as letters distance, number of letter occurrences in a word, etc...

2. I have user rules (Ri), such as: check if in a given word the letter 'a'
appears more than twice and the distance between 'a' and 'd' is 2.

3. I have "base" rules (ri) which perform only one checking

4. I would like to build user rules out of base rules. For example: R = r0
AND r1, where
r0 = a given word the letter a appears more than twice
r1 = in a given word the distance between 'a' and 'd' is 2

I use "rule splitting" in order to get the rule rational, i.e. which parts
of the rule caused it to be fired.

Sorry for the long post. I hope my need is clearer.
Thank you very much for your help !!!