[rules-users] How does KnowledgeAgent cache rule in case URL is temporarily unavailable

Wing wing.tang at amdocs.com
Wed Feb 3 03:25:32 EST 2010

Hello,

I read that the old Drools APIs include RuleAgent in which you can specify a
cache directory in RuleAgent.properties file to keep a local copy of the
rules in case the remote URL is temporarily unavailable.

Now, with the new Drools APIs, the RuleAgent is replaced by KnowledgeAgent.
But I do not see that you can specify any directory for caching the rules in
ResourceChangeScannerConfiguration for KnowledgeAgent.

How does KnowledgeAgent cache rules in case the URL is temporarily
unavailable?  How do I turn on rule cacheing for KnwledgeAgent when the URL
is temporarily unavailable?

thanks for your help!

Wing Tang