[rules-users] infinite loop in decision table

djb dbrownell83 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 19 05:22:17 EST 2010

Hi,

I have successfully used UNLOOP to stop repitition of rules in my decision
table when one rule fires when all rules are mutually exclusive...

but I've got two rows/rules matching a condition for a given input, and it
is back to an infinite loop.

Is there something like lock-on-active for a decision table?

My table is basically something like the following, with an update in the
action:
Tariff X    Minimum age   Maximum Age
1234          5                    <blank>
2345          <blank>               30

It checks whether a claim has a tariff, so so if a claim has both tariffs
and is between those two ages, it gets into an infinite update loop.

Thanks,
Daniel