[rules-users] Understanding agenda-group (doesn't work as documented in book or docs)

Pritam infinity2heaven at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 13:25:05 EST 2010

If you're curious how a Stack is implemented in Java, C or C++, have a look
at the method names: push, pop etc., There's a reason why the names are
push, pop and not setXXX.

It's not a good design where an operation with a method signature that
resembles a standard javabean accessor like setXXX hides a stack
implementation behind it, without documentation. Drools api doesn't even
have a javadocs for
http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.0.1.26597.FINAL/apidocs/index.html
AgendaGroup  setFocus and clear().

I'm curious about the ordering based on groups, since I've built a html
render engine that defers a part of the render process to a rules provider
and the input the rules provider (drools) is a URL which abstracts different
sections, sub sections and page. I need the rules to be applied to each of
this separately and override it as well.

If you're interested to solve a real problem, I'd appreciate.