[rules-users] How do you know when all rules have finished

drooler david_wynter at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 22 09:34:21 EST 2010

Hi,

New to Drools. Could not find a specific answer to this, but it may be there
in the forum somewhere. I have written a rule set for testing the 'fitness'
of 3000 generations of organizms. The rules always test fitness against the
last dozen or so generations. So I need to start at generation 13 and then
when all rules have run against that generation and referencing the previous
12 I need to increment the 'current' generation so that it points at
generation 14. All rules are written relative to that current generation.
How do I know when to increment to the next generation as I need to be
certain that Drools has fired all the rules for the current generation?

Once I have done that, I have some modification objects to put in working
memory that influences the 'fitness' of the generations. These modification
objects have up to 5 parameters. I what to be able to vary these 5
parameters and retest. Rather than tweak them and re run the 3000
generations is there a way to use the Planner where different moves can
alter the 5 parameters and determine a score to measure whether the
modifications are enduring over many generations. In other words the score
does not relate to an individual generation but a lasting affect over many
generations.

Thx.

David