[rules-users] "collection contains" problem

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 13:24:17 EST 2010

2010/1/25 Mike Dougherty <mjdougherty at gmail.com>

> Hello Wolfgang,
>
> Thank you for the response. However, as I read this documentation this
> should not be necessary.

But it is, definitely. Matching and binding a Java object the way you do it
in your rule
   property : StatusProperty( ... )
will only work if such an object has been inserted.

> Even still, if I try it, it does not seem to help.

Could you please post your Java code from session creation til
fireAllRules(), with all the
object creations and inserts?

Even if you insert the StatusProperty objects, your rule may still not fire
if you do, for
instance, insertion of the TrainingStatus object before you add the
StatusProperty
objects to the Set<StatusProperty> of the inserted training status!

-W