[rules-users] OT: Job Posting - Java Contractor in the Bay Area

Nick Heudecker nheudecker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 21:06:28 EDT 2010

 A profitable start-up in the cable advertising space is looking to expand
its development team to include another well-rounded developer.  I've
detailed some of what we're looking for below and if you think you're a good
fit, you're welcome to send over your resume.

Personal Requirements:

   - Must be a US citizen.
   - Reside in the Bay Area and able to commute to the office (downtown San
   Jose) at least 3 days a week.
   - Accustomed to working with a small, distributed team and collaborating
   over email, Skype and IM.  Obviously, you need to be able to produce with
   little supervision.
   - Innovative thinker and a fast coder.  We're constantly working to set
   the tempo in our product space.  You'll need to help develop solutions to
   problems and implement them quickly.
   - Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.

Experience and Technical Requirements:

   - Ideally you've worked on several different types of products with
   varying teams.  Our product space is highly dynamic and a diverse experience
   base will help you succeed.
   - Must be a Java expert with 3-5 years of experience.  I'm looking for
   more of a passionate generalist than someone with knowledge of only a few
   things.  That said, experience with some or all of the following is
   required: Hibernate, Spring, rules engines, web frameworks (GWT, Wicket),
   and XML technologies (SOAP, SOA, XSD, WSDL, etc).
   - Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL and a
   firm grasp of SQL.
   - Additionally, you must be familiar with development tools such as
   Maven, IDEA/Eclipse, unit testing, Subversion, among others.
   - Experience with non-relational data stores, caching and producing
   highly available applications is also desirable.