[rules-users] Avoiding loops

Leonardo Gomes leonardo.f.gomes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 14:40:57 EDT 2010

Hi Droolers,

I'm trying to avoid loops and looking at different possibilities (no-loop,
activation-group, lock-on-active, etc.).

>Scenario I want to avoid:

For example, the initial facts trigger *rule 1*, which inserts new facts
that will trigger *rule 2*, which will then insert facts that would
re-trigger *rule 1*.

>Possibilities I tried:

no-loop -> just prevents the re-activation of the same rule
lock-on-active -> I can't know which rules should have lock-on-active set to
true, since I don't know what will be the initial facts.

>What I'm trying to achieve:

All rules in my rule set should execute only once. So, a rule inserts new
facts only rules that haven't executed so far, should be activated.

Is there a way to do that, let's say 'out-of-the-box', with DRL?

Thank you,
Leo.