[rules-users] package registry null / event wait node constraint

retoy reto.lamprecht at allianz-suisse.ch
Wed Jul 14 09:08:45 EDT 2010

I'm getting a NullPointerException when trying to add a rule flow into my
knowledgebase.
It occurs on line 119 of org.drools.compiler.ProcessBuilder, because the
pkgRegistry is null.

118:            PackageRegistry pkgRegistry =
this.packageBuilder.getPackageRegistry(process.getPackageName());
119:            org.drools.rule.Package p = pkgRegistry.getPackage();

The reason for it must somehow be related to the constraint of my event wait
state, since I don't get the exception, when I remove that. The constraint
is just: dummy == "foo", where dummy is a global.
I don't see how any package name should be involved here... Did I miss
something in the user guide?

Thanks for any suggestions how to figure out what the problem is!

Reto