[rules-users] How to chose witch rules are going to be evaluated?

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 16:01:32 EDT 2010

do you want to avoid that the rules were evaluated at insertion time?
If you don't have different RETE network, each time that you insert a fact
in it the object will be propagated through the nodes.
(I don't know if I'm missing something, Mark, Edson?) This propagation will
cause the activations of the corresponding rules that are defined inside the
tree (when the facts reaches the terminal nodes).
Greetings

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 4:44 PM, mmarmol <marcelo.marmol at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I want to know how to avoid evaluation of some rules. I have tried to
> use
> AgenGroups and FlowGroups but for what I have seen in my test rules are
> always evaluated. I am using some cost demanding conditions in my "WHEN"
> section of the rules and i would like to avoid rules that i know i dont
> need
> based in the facts i will add to my session, any idea how I could do that?
> The only thing i can think of is using separated Bases for the rules. I am
> using 5.1.0M2 with StatefulKnowledgeSession.
>
> Thanks!

 - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -