[rules-users] lock-on-active, why keeps evaluating?

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Fri Jul 16 16:48:41 EDT 2010

    Lock-on-active does not prevent rule evaluation. It prevents only rule
activation.

    The reason nodes are still evaluated is because Rete eagerly calculates
all partial matches, because as soon as you move your execution to another
group, the previously locked group will start activating rules again and so
the partial matches are already calculated. I understand that this might not
be desired in some cases, but that is how rete in general works.

    Edson

2010/7/16 mmarmol <marcelo.marmol at gmail.com>

> He guys, I am using the meta-data lock-on-active on some rules and is
> working
> great, but i have seen rules with lock-on-active = true are been eveluated
> everytime the facts are modified even after they have been fired. Why is
> that? I dont see the point of evaluating a rule with lock-on-active true
> when it has already fired, it wont fire again. There is a way to resolve
> this? or to implement something to avoid reevaluation? I am using drools
> 5.1.0M2 with a StatefulKnowledgeSession.

  Edson Tirelli
  JBoss Drools Core Development
  JBoss by Red Hat @ www.jboss.com