[rules-users] Storing and loading rules in database

wilsonywx wei.yuan at baml.com
Tue Jul 20 13:41:11 EDT 2010

I've been wondering, wouldn't Drools have some built-in classes to handle
depositing rules in databases that we could leverage? If we write custom
classes and define our own DB to handle storing rules, we are not
safeguarding from significant changes to the rule format in the future.

I looked at Guvnor documentation and it mentioned a drools-repository
backend, but I couldn't find good pointers to how it can be used as a
separate component for a custom application. I would appreciate it if
someone here in the know can share some tips on where to find the
documentations, as well as the existing classes one could make use of to
store rules (I am thinking of classes to represent rules in-memory, as well
as the DB access classes).