[rules-users] 5.1.0 CR1: Drools Spring Configuration Changed?

tolitius webakaunt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 17:23:20 EDT 2010

that is interesting:

    <drools:work-item-handlers>
      <drools:work-item-handler name="handlername" ref="handlerid" />
    </drools:work-item-handlers>

I already implemented it via simple <util:map>, and have a team of ~ 50
developers already using it for the last three months ( did not know it was
coming with namespace support ). Although as I think about it, since we have
processes and sub-processes, I would rather keep workitem handlers process
oriented rather than session oriented. Two reasons:

        1. "Workitem" is a process oriented entity
        2. Sub-Process configuration can be de-coupled, and hence painlessly
modified / reused

But all the namespace additions are truly a great addition to the Drools
portfolio.

I have a question about this new approach though:

      >>> Using JPAKnowledgeServiceBean, anytime I needed to create a new
Session, I could:

		StatefulKnowledgeSession knowledgeSession =
			knowledgeProvider.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();

      >>> Using JPAKnowledgeServiceBean, anytime I needed to reload a
Session, I could:

               knowledgeSession =
knowledgeProvider.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession( sessionId );

I always have one Session to one Business Process mapping ( there are
multiple reasons for that outside of the scope of this question ).

What is the new way you have in mind? [ I have ideas, I just want to make
sure I don't double work you again ]

Thank you Mark,
/Anatoly

P.S. All Sessions / Processes + RuleGroupsFlowsAgendas... are persistent [
JPA ]