[rules-users] 5.1.0 CR1: Drools Spring Configuration Changed?

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 17:29:42 EDT 2010

Hi guys
I prefer to have the WorkItems related to sessions, so you can configure
multiple sessions running multiple process different or not with different
work item handlers.
The idea in drools is to keep everything knowledge oriented.
Just my two cents..

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 6:23 PM, tolitius <webakaunt at gmail.com> wrote:

> that is interesting:
>
>    <drools:work-item-handlers>
>      <drools:work-item-handler name="handlername" ref="handlerid" />
>    </drools:work-item-handlers>
>
> I already implemented it via simple <util:map>, and have a team of ~ 50
> developers already using it for the last three months ( did not know it was
> coming with namespace support ). Although as I think about it, since we
> have
> processes and sub-processes, I would rather keep workitem handlers process
> oriented rather than session oriented. Two reasons:
>
>        1. "Workitem" is a process oriented entity
>        2. Sub-Process configuration can be de-coupled, and hence painlessly
> modified / reused
>
> But all the namespace additions are truly a great addition to the Drools
> portfolio.
>
> I have a question about this new approach though:
>
>      >>> Using JPAKnowledgeServiceBean, anytime I needed to create a new
> Session, I could:
>
>                StatefulKnowledgeSession knowledgeSession =
>                        knowledgeProvider.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();
>
>      >>> Using JPAKnowledgeServiceBean, anytime I needed to reload a
> Session, I could:
>
>               knowledgeSession =
> knowledgeProvider.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession( sessionId );
>
> I always have one Session to one Business Process mapping ( there are
> multiple reasons for that outside of the scope of this question ).
>
> What is the new way you have in mind? [ I have ideas, I just want to make
> sure I don't double work you again ]
>
> Thank you Mark,
> /Anatoly
>
> P.S. All Sessions / Processes + RuleGroupsFlowsAgendas... are persistent [
> JPA ]

 - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -