[rules-users] fireAllRules performance

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 04:25:33 EDT 2010

I think that Sean worries about the overhead of n*1000 calls to fireAllRules, as
opposed to a single call. Also, a different heap usage/GC pattern
could impact timing.

A potential benefit of the second approach would be that results from
first firings are available sooner than with the 1st approach. But this
depends heavily on the time required for insertions and the overall
Drools usage scenario.

Simple benchmarking will tell.

Possibly a mid-way approach with fireAllRules every n insertions
might be a compromise.

-W