[rules-users] Guvnor BRL format

wilsonywx wei.yuan at baml.com
Wed Jul 28 08:43:37 EDT 2010

I see. My uses will be a lot simpler since I will only use the Drools Expert
subset of the rules engine. What I am doing now is to come up with some
classes to represent a rule and its components, then come up with an xml
schema to represent that. We are using C# for the front end where the users
edit the rule and Java for the backend where a .drl file is generated from
the information obtained from the front end in xml format. The reason for
doing so is so that rules can be easily pull up for editing without having
to worry about parsing a .drl file, and could be stored in a database
somehow. Thanks for sharing how you are approaching this problem! I wish the
Drools team could come up with a set of well documented interfaces on how to
manipulate rules programmatically so that users like us who try to integrate
the rule engine into other applications won't have as a hard time figuring
out how to do so.