[rules-users] WorkItemHandler in Guvnor and GWT Console

nanic23 nanic23 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 21 19:17:43 EDT 2010

I've deployed a ruleflow that uses a WorkItemHandler.

How can I make guvnor and gwt console aware of my WorkItemHandler? How can I
map my handler to a particular flow and work item?

I read that you can specify something like:

drools.workItemHandlers = MyWorkItemHandlers.conf

in the drools.session.conf file.

I don’t seem to find this file… the closest I find is
drools.defaul.rulebase.conf but specifying it in this file doesn’t seem to
work.

1.  Do you know where can I declare drools.workItemHandlers =
MyWorkItemHandlers.conf?

2. How do I map the handler name to the handler class in
MyWorkItemHandlers.conf?
Is it “work item handler name” = “work item handler class” (e.g.
approvalWorkItemHandler = com.mydrools.ApprovalWorkItemHandler)?

I have deployed a .jar file containing my WorkItemHandler to guvnor and gwt
console lib folder and specified the above configuration in
drools.default.rulebase.conf but gwt console keeps saying that it didn’t
find a work item handler for the process.

Any help is appreciated! Anyone that has successfully deployed a process
using a WorkItemHandler to guvnor and run it on gwt console could you please
let me know how you've done it?